Two cars are at the top of a hill. One car is just a simple wheel axle car (not power), one car has a spring suspension system. Which one will reach first?

Two cars are at the top of a hill. One car is just a simple wheel axel car (not power), one car has a spring suspension system. Which one will reach first?

Similar interview questions linked here:

1. If two vehicles are identical, except for one weighing twice as much as the other vehicle, and they roll down a hill, which car reaches the bottom first?
  2. A car on a hill of constant slope accelerates from rest under gravity to a point on the hill. If you want to maximize the velocity of the car at this point, where along the length of the car (e.g. downhill or uphill) would you fix an additional mass?
  3. If I have a solid rod and hollow rod with the same mass and I let them roll down a ramp, which one reaches the bottom first and why? - #3 by hardwarefyi

Reference Links:

I would say, it depends on the roughness of the hill. If it’s ideally smooth, in general it should not affect the velocity.

However, if the surface has bumps, we can see that one car will reach first.

What car?
It’s tricky, because suspension system has it’s own energy that adds it’s value to the conservation of energy. And it depends on the number of bumps, suspension characteristics, like spring rate, damping rate. In this case we have to solve differential equations.

But maybe I just overthink this problem…

Thoughts?